Creative drone shots have become a popular trend in corporate videos, offering a unique perspective and adding a touch of creativity to the final product. Drones are unmanned aerial vehicles that can capture stunning footage from a bird’s eye view, making it possible to showcase a company’s products, services, and location in a visually appealing manner.
Using drones in corporate videos has several benefits, including improved engagement, increased production value, and a competitive edge in the market. These shots also offer a fresh and modern perspective, making the video more captivating for the audience.
There are various types of drone shots commonly used in corporate videos, including:
- Aerial shots, which provide a sweeping view of the company’s location or event.
- Tracking shots, where the drone follows a moving subject to capture dynamic footage.
- Crane shots, which offer a smooth and elevated view of the surroundings.
- Reveal shots, where the drone reveals a specific subject or location in a dramatic way.
- Top-down shots, providing a unique overhead perspective.
- Panoramic shots, capturing a wide view of the surroundings.
- Time-lapse shots, showcasing the passage of time in a condensed manner.
Some ways to incorporate creative drone shots in corporate videos include:
- Showcasing the company’s location, highlighting its size, and offering a glimpse into the work culture.
- Highlighting specific products or services in a visually appealing way.
- Capturing large events or conferences from a unique perspective.
- Creating a sense of scale and grandeur by showcasing the company’s facilities or assets.
- Adding a cinematic touch to the video, making it more engaging and memorable.
To ensure the best results, it is important to plan and prepare beforehand, considering factors such as lighting and weather conditions. Following safety regulations and guidelines is also crucial, and hiring a professional drone operator can ensure smooth and high-quality footage. Lastly, strategically editing and incorporating the shots in the video can enhance the overall impact and message.
Incorporating creative drone shots in corporate videos can elevate the production value and make it stand out, making it a valuable tool for businesses in the digital age.
What Are Creative Drone Shots?
Creative drone shots are aerial footage captured using drones that are unique and visually compelling. These shots add a dynamic and cinematic element to corporate videos, offering a fresh perspective and showcasing landscapes, buildings, and events from a bird’s-eye view. Creative drone shots have the ability to capture sweeping panoramic views, reveal hidden details, and create a sense of awe and wonder. They are often utilized to emphasize the scale and grandeur of a location or to capture shots that would be otherwise impossible or costly to achieve. By incorporating creative drone shots in corporate videos, the overall production value is elevated, and audiences are engaged in a captivating way.
How Are Drones Used in Corporate Videos?
Using drones in corporate videos adds a unique and captivating element to the visuals. Here are some ways drones are used in corporate videos:
- Aerial shots: Drones capture stunning aerial views of office buildings, events, and landscapes, providing a fresh perspective.
- Smooth tracking shots: Drones can smoothly track a subject, enhancing the cinematic feel of the video.
- Dynamic movement: Drones can fly through tight spaces or follow moving subjects, creating dynamic and engaging shots.
- Highlighting scale: Drones can showcase the size and scope of corporate facilities, giving viewers a better understanding of the company’s operations.
- Creative transitions: Drones can seamlessly transition between different scenes or locations, adding visual interest to the video.
What Are the Benefits of Using Drones in Corporate Videos?
Incorporating drones in corporate videos offers numerous benefits. Here are some of the advantages of using drones in corporate videos:
- Unique Perspective: Drones provide aerial shots that offer a fresh and captivating view of the company’s location, products, or events, giving a unique perspective to the viewers.
- Enhanced Production Value: By incorporating drone shots, videos can have a cinematic touch, making them more visually appealing and professional.
- Versatility: Drones can capture dynamic tracking shots, reveal shots, top-down shots, and panoramic shots, allowing for creative storytelling and showcasing scale and grandeur.
- Cost-Effective: With the use of drones, the need for expensive equipment like cranes or helicopters is eliminated, making aerial shots more accessible and affordable.
- Increased Engagement: The use of drones in corporate videos grabs viewers’ attention, creating a memorable and immersive experience that leads to increased engagement.
In the history of videography, the use of drones has revolutionized the industry, providing new possibilities for capturing stunning visuals and captivating audiences.
What Are the Different Types of Drone Shots Used in Corporate Videos?
In corporate videos, a variety of drone shots are utilized to capture unique perspectives and add visual interest. These shots include:
- Aerial shots provide a bird’s-eye view of the location.
- Tracking shots follow a subject’s movement.
- Crane shots elevate the camera for a sweeping view.
- Reveal shots unveil a scene or object.
- Top-down shots capture a scene from above.
- Panoramic shots show a wide-angle view.
- Time-lapse shots condense time, adding a dynamic element to the video.
By incorporating these shots, corporate videos can be elevated and made more engaging and visually appealing.
1. Aerial Shots
Aerial shots are a popular type of drone shot used in corporate videos to capture stunning views and provide a unique perspective. Here are some steps to consider when using aerial shots in your corporate video:
- Plan the shot: Determine the specific location and angle you want to capture from above.
- Check regulations: Ensure that you have the necessary permits and comply with local drone regulations.
- Pre-flight preparation: Inspect the drone and equipment, calibrate the compass, and ensure a fully charged battery.
- Camera settings: Adjust the camera settings to capture the desired shot, such as adjusting exposure and white balance.
- Pilot the drone: Carefully control the drone’s flight path to capture smooth and steady footage.
- Edit the footage: After capturing the aerial shots, select the best clips and incorporate them into your video editing software.
- Enhance the shot: Use color grading and other editing techniques to enhance the visual impact of the aerial footage.
2. Tracking Shots
Tracking shots are a popular technique in corporate videos that add movement and dynamism to the footage. To achieve effective tracking shots, follow these steps:
- Plan the route: Determine the path the drone will follow to capture the desired shot.
- Set the speed: Adjust the drone’s speed to match the desired pace of the shot.
- Maintain focus: Keep the subject of the shot in the center of the frame throughout the movement.
- Smooth movements: Ensure the drone moves steadily and smoothly along the predetermined path.
- Monitor obstacles: Stay aware of any obstacles that may interfere with the drone’s movement and take necessary precautions.
True story: In a corporate video for a real estate company, tracking shots were utilized to showcase a newly constructed building. As the drone smoothly followed the exterior of the building, the shots highlighted its modern design and impressive architecture, capturing the attention of potential buyers. The tracking shots added a sense of professionalism and sophistication to the video, elevating its overall quality.
3. Crane Shots
Crane shots are a popular technique used in corporate videos to capture dynamic and sweeping footage. To achieve compelling crane shots, follow these steps:
- Plan the shot: Determine the purpose of the crane shot and how it will enhance the overall video.
- Select the right equipment: Choose a crane that can support the weight of your camera and provide smooth movements.
- Set up the crane: Position the crane in the desired location, ensuring stability and safety.
- Coordinate with the camera operator: Communicate with the camera operator to coordinate movements and framing.
- Practice movements: Rehearse the crane movements to ensure smooth and precise shots.
- Execute the crane shot: When ready, film the crane shot, focusing on capturing the intended subject or scenery.
- Edit and enhance: During post-production, enhance the crane shot with color correction, stabilization, or other effects if necessary.
4. Reveal Shots
Reveal shots are a popular drone technique used in corporate videos to create suspense and intrigue. Here are the steps to follow in order to achieve stunning reveal shots:
- Plan the shot: Determine the subject and location for the reveal.
- Choose the right angle: Position the drone to capture the subject from a unique perspective.
- Gradually reveal: Fly the drone towards the subject slowly, gradually revealing it to the audience.
- Control the speed: Adjust the drone’s speed to create a dramatic effect during the reveal.
- Combine with other shots: Incorporate the reveal shot with other drone shots to enhance the overall video.
- Edit and polish: Trim the footage and add any necessary effects or transitions to enhance the reveal.
By following these steps, you can capture captivating reveal shots that add an element of surprise and engagement to your corporate videos.
5. Top-Down Shots
Top-down shots are a popular technique in corporate videos, providing a unique perspective and adding visual interest. Here are some steps to consider when capturing top-down shots:
- Plan your shot: Determine the purpose and composition of the shot, considering the subject and surrounding elements.
- Select the right location: Find an elevated vantage point that allows for a clear view of the scene from above.
- Set up your drone: Ensure your drone is properly calibrated and positioned to capture the desired angle and framing.
- Adjust camera settings: Optimize camera settings for exposure, focus, and white balance to achieve the desired look.
- Execute the shot: Fly the drone smoothly and steadily, maintaining control and capturing the scene from a direct overhead perspective.
- Edit the footage: Review and edit the captured footage to enhance the visual impact and storytelling of the video.
By following these steps, you can effectively incorporate top-down shots into your corporate videos, adding a dynamic and engaging element to your visuals.
6. Panoramic Shots
Panoramic shots are a popular drone shot used in corporate videos to capture breathtaking wide-angle views. To achieve stunning panoramic shots, follow these steps:
- Select a location with a scenic and expansive view.
- Ensure your drone is at an appropriate altitude to capture the full width of the scene.
- Start recording and slowly rotate the drone horizontally, capturing the entire view.
- Maintain a smooth and steady movement to avoid jerky footage.
- Consider using a wide-angle lens to capture more of the scene.
By incorporating panoramic shots into your corporate video, you can showcase the grandeur of your location and impress your audience with stunning visuals. Remember to always follow safety regulations and guidelines to ensure a successful and safe drone filming experience.
7. Time-Lapse Shots
Time-lapse shots are a captivating technique used in corporate videos to showcase the passage of time and capture dynamic changes. To create stunning time-lapse shots, follow these steps:
- Set up your drone in a stable position and frame the shot.
- Adjust the camera settings for the desired exposure and interval.
- Start the time-lapse mode on your drone and let it automatically capture the images.
- Keep the drone steady throughout the entire time-lapse sequence.
- After capturing all the images, use video editing software to compile and accelerate the footage.
- Add music or narration to enhance the visual storytelling.
- Export and share the final time-lapse video with your audience.
Fun Fact: Time-lapse shots can condense hours, days, or even months into a few seconds, revealing mesmerizing transformations.
What Are Some Examples of Creative Drone Shots in Corporate Videos?
Drones have revolutionized the way corporate videos are filmed, providing unique and dynamic perspectives that were once only possible with expensive equipment. In this section, we will explore various examples of creative drone shots that can take your corporate video to the next level. From showcasing the company’s location to adding a cinematic touch, these shots can enhance the overall impact and message of your video. Let’s dive in!
1. Showcasing the Company’s Location
Displaying the company’s location in corporate videos is crucial for establishing a strong visual identity and connecting with the audience. Here are some steps to effectively showcase the company’s location:
- Scout Locations: Identify key areas that represent the company’s values and unique features.
- Plan Shots: Determine the angles, perspectives, and movements that will highlight the location’s beauty and significance.
- Capture Landmarks: Include iconic landmarks or architectural elements that are synonymous with the company’s location.
- Highlight Surroundings: Showcasing the natural surroundings or nearby attractions can further enhance the video’s appeal.
- Use Aerial Shots: Utilize drone technology to capture stunning aerial views that offer a comprehensive view of the location.
- Blend with Narration: Seamlessly integrate the shots of the location with narration or voiceover that emphasizes its importance.
- Include People: Incorporate employees or locals in the footage to add a human element and showcase the community.
2. Highlighting Products or Services
- Identify key features: Highlight the standout qualities of your products or services that differentiate them from competitors.
- Create engaging visuals: Utilize drones to capture dynamic footage of your products or services in action, showcasing their functionality and advantages.
- Showcase testimonials: Include shots of satisfied customers utilizing your products or experiencing your services to establish trust and credibility.
- Highlight craftsmanship: Use close-up drone shots to emphasize the high quality and attention to detail that goes into creating your products.
- Tell a story: Utilize drone shots to craft a narrative around your products or services, illustrating how they can enhance the lives of customers or solve their problems.
One company, XYZ Tech, utilized drones to showcase their latest product, a cutting-edge smartphone. They captured stunning aerial shots of the phone’s sleek design, followed by close-ups of its innovative features. The video highlighted real-life scenarios where the phone’s advanced camera and long-lasting battery made a difference. This creative use of drones effectively highlighted XYZ Tech’s product’s standout qualities and generated significant buzz among consumers.
3. Capturing Large Events or Conferences
Capturing large events or conferences with drones requires careful planning and execution to ensure stunning footage. Here are some steps to consider:
- Obtain necessary permissions and permits from event organizers and authorities.
- Identify key moments and areas to capture to effectively showcase the event.
- Plan the flight path and camera movements in advance to capture dynamic shots.
- Consider the lighting conditions and adjust camera settings accordingly for optimal results.
- Ensure battery life and storage capacity are sufficient for extended filming.
- Follow safety guidelines and regulations to prevent accidents and ensure a smooth operation.
- Coordinate with event staff to ensure minimal disruption to attendees.
- Use a skilled drone operator with experience in capturing large events or conferences for professional results.
4. Creating a Sense of Scale and Grandeur
To create a sense of scale and grandeur in corporate videos, incorporating strategic drone shots is key. Here are some steps to follow:
- Choose wide-angle shots to capture expansive landscapes or large architectural structures.
- Use low-angle shots to emphasize the height and size of buildings or objects.
- Combine aerial shots with human subjects to showcase the contrast between the individual and the vast surroundings.
- Incorporate tracking shots to give viewers a dynamic sense of movement and scale.
To enhance the sense of scale and grandeur even further, consider the following suggestions:
- Use slow motion to accentuate details and create a more dramatic effect.
- Integrate dramatic music or sound effects to heighten the emotional impact.
- Experiment with different angles and perspectives to find unique and captivating shots.
5. Adding a Cinematic Touch to the Video
To add a cinematic touch to a corporate video using drones, follow these steps:
- Plan your shots: Determine the desired mood and atmosphere of the video and plan the drone shots accordingly.
- Use cinematic techniques: Incorporate techniques like slow-motion shots, tracking shots, and aerial pans to create a cinematic look and feel.
- Pay attention to composition: Frame your shots carefully, considering the rule of thirds and leading lines to enhance visual interest and storytelling.
- Utilize lighting: Capture footage during the golden hour or magic hour for beautiful, cinematic lighting. Use the drone’s ability to fly at different angles to capture dynamic lighting effects.
- Edit with cinematic effects: Enhance the footage in post-production by using color grading, adding film grain, and adjusting the contrast and saturation to achieve a cinematic look.
By following these steps, you can elevate the visual quality of your corporate video and give it a cinematic touch.
What Are Some Tips for Using Drones in Corporate Videos?
Incorporating drone shots into corporate videos can add a dynamic and visually appealing element to the final product. However, it’s important to approach the use of drones in a professional and responsible manner. In this section, we will discuss some key tips for utilizing drones in corporate videos, including the importance of planning and preparation, considering lighting and weather conditions, following safety regulations and guidelines, and hiring a professional for the best results.
1. Plan and Prepare Beforehand
Before incorporating drones into corporate videos, it is essential to thoroughly plan and prepare for a successful shoot. Here are the necessary steps to follow:
- Get familiar with the drone and its controls.
- Understand and adhere to the regulations and guidelines set by aviation authorities.
- Identify the specific shots you wish to capture and create a shot list.
- Scout the location beforehand to identify any potential obstacles or safety hazards.
- Check the weather conditions for suitable flying conditions.
- Ensure you have all the necessary equipment, including spare batteries and memory cards.
- Communicate with the team and coordinate the shoot schedule.
- Perform test flights to ensure the proper functioning of the drone.
Remember to prioritize safety and follow proper procedures to avoid accidents or damage. Thorough planning and preparation will maximize the effectiveness of drone shots in corporate videos.
2. Consider Lighting and Weather Conditions
When utilizing drones in corporate videos, it is crucial to take into account lighting and weather conditions to ensure optimal footage quality. Here are some steps to follow:
- Check the weather forecast before the shoot to avoid adverse conditions like rain, strong winds, or extreme temperatures.
- Plan your shoot during the golden hour, which is the period shortly after sunrise or before sunset, for the best lighting.
- Adjust camera settings to compensate for different lighting conditions, such as using filters or adjusting exposure levels.
- Utilize natural light to your advantage and avoid shooting in harsh midday sunlight, which can create strong shadows.
- Consider the direction of the light source and how it will impact the composition and mood of the shot.
Remember, by carefully considering lighting and weather conditions, you can capture stunning drone footage that enhances the overall quality of your corporate videos.
3. Follow Safety Regulations and Guidelines
When using drones in corporate videos, it is crucial to follow safety regulations and guidelines to ensure a safe and successful filming experience. Here are some steps to follow:
- Understand local regulations: Research and familiarize yourself with the drone regulations specific to your location.
- Obtain necessary permits: Check if you need any permits or authorizations to fly drones in certain areas.
- Perform pre-flight checks: Inspect the drone, batteries, and equipment before each flight to ensure everything is in working order.
- Choose a safe flying location: Select an open area away from people, buildings, and obstacles to minimize potential risks.
- Monitor weather conditions: Avoid flying in strong winds, rain, or harsh weather conditions that could affect the stability and safety of the drone.
- Maintain visual line of sight: Always keep the drone within your line of sight to maintain control and prevent accidents.
- Respect privacy and property: Be mindful of personal privacy and refrain from flying over private property without permission.
- Follow flight restrictions: Stay clear of restricted areas, such as airports or government buildings, and adhere to any height limitations.
- Keep emergency procedures in mind: Be prepared for emergencies and know how to safely land the drone in case of battery failure or other issues.
During a corporate video shoot, the drone operator followed all safety regulations and guidelines, including the crucial step of following safety regulations and guidelines. However, while flying near a building, the drone unexpectedly lost control due to interference from nearby electrical equipment. The operator quickly activated the emergency landing procedure, ensuring the drone landed safely without causing any damage or harm. This incident reinforced the importance of being prepared for unexpected situations, even when following safety protocols.
4. Use a Professional
When incorporating drones into corporate videos, it is crucial to hire a professional to ensure optimal results and adherence to regulations.
- Choose a licensed and experienced drone operator who is knowledgeable about the technical aspects of drone operation.
- Collaborate with a professional who has a portfolio showcasing their expertise in capturing high-quality drone footage.
- Verify that the operator has liability insurance to protect against any potential accidents or damage.
- Work closely with the drone operator to plan and storyboard the shots, ensuring they align with the video’s objectives.
- Clearly communicate your vision and expectations to the professional to achieve the desired outcome.
- Consider working with a professional who has specialized knowledge in the specific industry or type of corporate video.
- Stay informed about the latest regulations and guidelines for drone usage to ensure compliance and safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some popular styles of drone footage for video content?
Top-down shots and shots for storytelling are two popular styles of drone footage.
One example of top-down drone footage is the video “2D RUN – MMP 3,” which uses match-cutting and animation for a 2D video game-like experience.
Another popular style is incorporating physical and visual effects, as seen in the video “Drone Star Wars” by Corridor Digital.
How can drone footage add a unique and visually stunning element to videos?
Drone footage can capture images and videos in ways that were never possible before, creating perspective-altering images that can captivate viewers.
It can also add a “fly on the wall” perspective, providing a unique and immersive experience for viewers.
Incorporating drone footage into videos can elevate the content and make it stand out from the rest.
What are some creative video ideas using drone footage?
Drone footage can be used for location tours, capturing the scale of an apartment complex or an expansive property like the River’s Edge Cottage.
It can also be incorporated into marketing efforts, such as product tie-ins or creating compelling video-based campaigns for social media.
Drone footage can also be used in documentary filmmaking, showcasing impressive feats or giving a quick look at a location from a safe distance.
How have businesses used drone footage in their marketing efforts?
The National Association of Realtors reports that real estate agents who use drone footage in their marketing have seen an increase in property listings.
GraVoc, a drone provider in the Boston area, has used drones for disaster inspections, real estate shoots, and sporting events, showcasing the diverse capabilities of this technology in the business world.
What are some examples of using drone footage for disaster inspections?
In December 2016, GraVoc was contacted by Channel 5 WCVB Boston to conduct a disaster inspection on a fire in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The footage was used to show the extent of the damage and aid in recovery efforts.
Another disaster inspection was conducted for a flooded area in downtown Peabody, Massachusetts, providing officials with a clear understanding of the impacted area.
How have companies incorporated drone footage for product tie-ins?
One example is the video “2D RUN – MMP 3,” which incorporates animation and a faux cockpit with a drone attached to recreate a 2D video game experience.
In another example, Coca-Cola used drones in their marketing efforts, creating a video game-like challenge with a drone race through an obstacle course.
These examples show how companies can use drone footage to tie-in their products and create visually impressive stunts for their marketing campaigns.